[linux-elitists] [ruben@mrbrklyn.com: Re: FW: Ruben Safir - Computer Misuse]

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Oct 23 11:19:56 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 07:00:04AM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Ruben I Safir quotation of Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 01:49:43AM -0400:
>
> > And for the record, our IT departments software is currently, as we speak,
> > in direct violation of the HIPA act.
>
> So take it to the Media.  Print out a huge stac
> of config screenshots, reports from vulnerability
> scanners, anything technical looking, and get your
> local Fox News affiliate, or muckracker news weekly,
> or whoever to bite on a "Hospital computers HACKED on
> the INTERNET: Is your identity being stolen?" story.
>
>   http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/07/investigative-r.html
>
> Don't go all Free Software to start -- play up the
> patient data angle.  If possible, get someone else
> who is aware of the situation to talk about it too.
> The hospital bureaucrats will have training in being
> slick in front of the Media.
>
> Why declare war on your own carpal tunnels with
> memo wars and covert Linux installs?  Play to win.
> The only thing worse than a petty bureaucrat who
> enforces Mandatory Software Policies is the Linux
> freak who passes up a big floating softball of an
> opportunity like this.
>
> --

This was about 3 years ago.  In the end it shock up the entire corperate
staff, and they offered me about 40k to leave.  So I left.

Really, I don't think they really understood how I had them by the short hairs,
but I had much bigger problems to tacket at the time LIKE GETTING FREEDOM-IT
UP AND RUNNING, and returning my enstranged children back to NYC.

Ruben

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium