[linux-elitists] Mail user agent (was: The North American Free Software Conference: Freedom-IT)

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Oct 23 11:16:13 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:56:46AM -0700, Aaron Burt wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 10:56:32PM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > I won the N800 from Nokia in Manhattan when it was introduced.  It was
> > bricked in about 48 hours.
>
> Did you get it fixed, or get your money back?

I won it for free but others I know who have had the same problem
have not gotten any refunds.

> Incidentally, I'm sorry to hear about your run-in with the Blunt
> Instrument of Massive Stupidity.  It sounds like someone decided to
> throw you in front of the train to protect their own incompetent ass.

No doubt.  I was puzzled as to why.  It was like he felt threatened by my
background which I was really only being helpful with.  More to the point, on
that day, I checked every step with them before doig anything.  The machine
was broken when I started.

> It sometimes happens to those of us cursed with the need to fix things.
>
> BTW, the writer Charlie Stross started out as a pharmacist/sysadmin.

I will look him up.

Ruben