[linux-elitists] The North American Free Software Conference: Freedom-IT

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 22 21:49:51 PDT 2007

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben@mrbrklyn.com):

> maybe not 8080 but that is a solution I should have throught of a long
> time ago.  There is also, however, the non-downloading software policy
> and although I might be able to run it right out of ram, I've lost one
> Pharmacy job because I fixed a computer using the Memphis CD to remove
> spywhere once, and I'm hesitant to go through that route again.

Man, you're right.  Be careful about that.

If they seem OK with software you run but don't install, then PuTTY on a
CD or flash drive will do.  Otherwise, don't take chances.