[linux-elitists] The North American Free Software Conference: Freedom-IT

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Mon Oct 22 21:11:27 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 08:13:11PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben@mrbrklyn.com):
>
> > The port is blocked in the hospital.  I have to use VNC through a Browser.
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> _The_ port?  Why not have a selection to choose from?
>
> :r! grep 8080 /etc/ssh/sshd_config
>
> Port 8080

maybe not 8080 but that is a solution I should have throught of a long time
ago.  There is also, however, the non-downloading software policy and although
I might be able to run it right out of ram, I've lost one Pharmacy job because
I fixed a computer using the Memphis CD to remove spywhere once, and I'm hesitant
to go through that route again.

With VNC I'm just using the browsers JAVA cleint.  I just don't understand why
ssh isn't built directly into VNC.  Am I brain dead on this or what?

Ruben