[linux-elitists] Mail user agent (was: The North American Free Software Conference: Freedom-IT)

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Mon Oct 22 19:56:32 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 05:18:06PM -0700, Aaron Burt wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 08:43:56AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > I keep a Mutt instance running, in a GNU screen instance that I keep
> > running, on a host that I keep running; and access that over SSH
> > (PuTTY on w32) from wherever I have internet access.
>
> Damn.  I'd hoped I was the only one doing that.  I'll admit that the
> mutt/screen/ssh approach has served me well for many years, but I'm sad
> that this decade hasn't produced improvements.  And I still don't like
> how clumsy it is to archive or search old mail, or deal with attachments.
>
> That said, I even use m/s/s from my N770 tablet, pecking the on-screen
> keyboard.  Apparently, it's common enough that at least one xterm for
> the N770 has built-in Screen hotkeys.

I won the N800 from Nokia in Manhattan when it was introduced.  It was bricked
in about 48 hours.  And in that time it sure wasn't nearly as good as
my via Picture Book.  I was thinking today, however, that it would be a much better
scientific calculator than my daughters ridicules TI Graphing Calculator and that
might be a decent nich for it.

GNUPLOT

Ruben