[linux-elitists] RIAA Versus the Internet: PART III - A New Hope

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sun Oct 21 18:47:18 PDT 2007

> I'm of the opinion this attack on the service providers is an attempt
> to deflect anger against exactly this kind of "sue your customers"
> activity that has been such a PR disaster.

I of course agree with most of what you write except that I'm not convinced
they've sued enough people yet.  I'm hoping they sue everyone until the public
gets outraged enough to actually do something about this and puts the heat on
congress.  i encourage the RIAA to sue EVERYONE.  I want them to have a real
shooting war with the entire population of the US.

In fact, I was thinking we should have a "SUE ME" campaign for the RIAA.
And this is one of the reasons that the Freedom-It conference is focusing
on Free Software Media this year.

And that is also why we need FreeSoftware research and Development papers .

Ruben