[linux-elitists] The North American Free Software Conference: Freedom-IT

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sun Oct 21 07:18:34 PDT 2007

> Both Ruben Safir and Jay Sulzberger have a habit of posting New York
> events announcement to lists that have few if any subscribers local to
> that area.  I'd imagine that they post these messages from the
> perspective that since *they* are in New York, the posts seem
> immediately relevant and urgent.  I'm confident that this is the reason
> that they appear unable to understand why the subscribers to these lists
> speak up and object en masse like this.

Jay and I are nothing alike.  For one thing, I almost never post announcements,
and this is a call for papers, and even crack monkeys are welcome to submit
papers.  Secondly, I tend to cut my hair.

As for the program being local, I supose it is more local to me than
you since you're in England, but I have been to LSM which would be more local
to you than me.  I suppose its local to somewhere, but niether are particulary
local to Brooklyn. In terms of scope, both programings are international in
audience and the participants will have many points of origin.

Lastly, while Freedom-IT is very important, I never presented any such point.
I have asked for a call for papers.  Maybe you know someone who has a body of
work with Free Software Multimedia advances and who might wish to contribute?
If not, maybe you can make some other contribution to this thread which is
at minimum doesn't lump me and Jay together.  He's a nice guy and all, but
... lets just say we haven't always seen eye to eye, and I've had to ask him
bluntly to not include NYLXS projects in his announcements.

Ruben

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium