[linux-elitists] The North American Free Software Conference: Freedom-IT

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sat Oct 20 21:17:05 PDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 04:28:40PM +0200, Peter Lowe wrote:
> On Sat 20-10-2007 1:26 pm, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 01:45:25AM +0200, Peter Lowe wrote:
> >> Do people on this list rely on it for notifications of interesting events
> >> that they wouldn't hear about elsewhere?
> >>
> >> Do people sending adverts for local events believe they are reaching
> >> people who are likely to attend, who don't already know about it?
> >>

> > Do you have a paper on Multimedia and Free Software that you would care to submit for
> > pulication and presentation?
>
> No.
>
> > Would you like to edit such a journal of papers for Freedom-IT North America?
>
> No.
>
> > Would you care to attend?
>
> No.

Thanks.  If you know of anyone, I'd be apreciative if you let me know.

> Will you please answer my questions now?

I've addressed all the apropriate areas.  The rest is a common tactic
which would result in a long irrelavant debate and I'm a little too busy
to be involved with this.

>It's just, I don't get it, why
> people post about local events to linux-elitists so regularly. It *can't*
> be because you want to reach a wider audience, right? That just doesn't
> make sense.
>
> Or does it?
>
> You have spelling mistakes in your signature, near the quote about stupid
> engineers. I'm not sure if you're aware and don't care, but it looks sort
> of uhm well they detract from the main thrust of the signature's
> underlying moral.

Thanks.  I'll take a look at that and fix it.  It origianlyl came for a
flame fest so it wo;ndn't suprise me that it has a spelling era and
I've had this sig for many years and nobody noticed.  It takes an elitist
to uncover truths!
>You could leave them I guess, as a statement, and really
> who cares about spelling mistakes anyway except elitist alphanerds and the
> like.
>
> cheers,
>
>  - Peter

Ruben

> --
> pgl@yoyo.org || http://pgl.yoyo.org/

You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attacted at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt.  I guess you missed that one."

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium