[linux-elitists] The North American Free Software Conference: Freedom-IT

Peter Lowe pgl@yoyo.org
Sat Oct 20 07:28:40 PDT 2007

On Sat 20-10-2007 1:26 pm, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 01:45:25AM +0200, Peter Lowe wrote:
>> Do people on this list rely on it for notifications of interesting events
>> that they wouldn't hear about elsewhere?
>>
>> Do people sending adverts for local events believe they are reaching
>> people who are likely to attend, who don't already know about it?
>>

> Do you have a paper on Multimedia and Free Software that you would care to submit for
> pulication and presentation?

No.

> Would you like to edit such a journal of papers for Freedom-IT North America?

No.

> Would you care to attend?

No.

Will you please answer my questions now? It's just, I don't get it, why
people post about local events to linux-elitists so regularly. It *can't*
be because you want to reach a wider audience, right? That just doesn't
make sense.

Or does it?

You have spelling mistakes in your signature, near the quote about stupid
engineers. I'm not sure if you're aware and don't care, but it looks sort
of uhm well they detract from the main thrust of the signature's
underlying moral. You could leave them I guess, as a statement, and really
who cares about spelling mistakes anyway except elitist alphanerds and the
like.

cheers,

 - Peter

--