[linux-elitists] NYC LOCAL: Many things

Benj. Mako Hill mako@atdot.cc
Thu Oct 4 10:56:43 PDT 2007

<quote who="Ben Finney" date="Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 11:17:34PM +1000">
> Jay, could I request that you:
>
>   * make a mailing list somewhere else that is specific to these
>     frequent "NYC LOCAL" posts, then
>
>   * make a one-time invitation here for people who are interested in
>     those postings to join that mailing list, then
>
>   * send future NYC LOCAL postings only to that list, instead of here.

Jay,

I've seen this conversation with you on several completely unrelated
lists now with completely separate communities. Perhaps you
should think a little harder about whether NYC Local events are really
appropriate for non-local lists.

I've gone to your events and enjoyed them. I heard about them on
NYC-specifics lists I subscribed to when I lived in NYC. Please have
faith in other people to have done the same and do not take up the time
of the vast majority of us that do not live in New York and cannot come
even if we are interested.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako@atdot.cc

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS