[linux-elitists] NYC LOCAL: Thursday 4 October 2007 WPCUG: N. Saphra, S. Fitzgerald, and S. Weinberg will speak on FLOSS

jays@panix.com jays@panix.com
Wed Oct 3 23:49:48 PDT 2007

  what="official WPCUG announcement">

 Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:27:59 -0400
 From: "Edward J. Weinberg" <nylug@q5comm.com>
 Subject: WPCUG Meeting: History of OpenSource & Secure Email

 Westchester PC Users Group Meeting
 Thursday, October 4, 2007, 7:15 p.m., White Plains Middle School, Room
 265, 128 Grandview Ave., White Plains, NY

 - History of Open Source Software by Naomi Saphra
 - Customize Linux to look like Windows, or to your taste by Scotty
 Fitzgerald
 - Secure Email by Stephen Weinberg

 This month will be a first for the WPCUG, as two of our three
 presenters, Naomi and Stephen, are "under 18," and probably know more
 about the underlying principles of operating systems than most of our
 members!  All three presenters use Unix derived operating systems as
 their primary OS--either Linux or BSD Unix. This meeting should be
 interesting to those who like Windows, those who like Linux, and those
 who like privacy in their mail system.

Distributed poC TINC:

Jay Sulzberger <secretary@lxny.org>
Corresponding Secretary LXNY