[linux-elitists] Linux Application Development

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Tue Nov 27 08:17:00 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:57:50AM -0500, Rob Funk wrote:
> Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > I'm looking to buy a decent book on Linux-spefic application
> > development, and have only found one more or less useful
> > book so far, "Linux Application Development" by Johnson and Troan.
>
> Wow, 1998, that's pretty old now when you're talking about Linux
> specifics.  And it looks partly like a failed attempt by Red Hat to
> standardize some libraries they liked.

Huh?  There's a 2005 second edition that is very good out there, and I'd
recommend it as a great place to start.

Robert Love's new, "Linux System Programming" is also a good book to use
for this kind of thing.

good luck,

greg k-h