[linux-elitists] Site duplication... is this widespread?

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 20 14:40:25 PST 2007

On 20-Nov-2007, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 November 2007 09:09:43 Aaron Sherman wrote:
> > Watching my logs today, I discovered a ton of hits to internal
> > pages (CSS mostly) with an external referrer. In fact, it was an
> > external referrer that had duplicated every externally linked page
> > on my site including the redirects (their root redirected to the
> > same path as my mediawiki root, relative to their site).
>
> Given that you control the CSS, you have a perfect opportunity to
> make his entire site un-viewable, simply by changing the CSS when
> the referer is set externally (white text on white background?)

Which will all end as soon as they decide to duplicate the CSS
documents on their server as well.

--
 \         "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so, |
  `\    Brain, but culottes have a tendency to ride up so."  -- _Pinky |