[linux-elitists] New (and !IMPROVED) Linux Journal Site

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 15 11:00:16 PST 2007

Quoting Greg Folkert (greg@gregfolkert.net):

> Egads!
> Takes for ever to load.

Does OK, here.

> Looks like a content management site gone bad.
> Don't get me wrong... it "looks" nice.

Drupal, again.  There's a characteristic look to the thing, a uniform
sort of cluttered mediocrity.

> Click on ANY links there, especially any nodes... 30 second load times.

About three seconds, here (Firefox 2.0 on Xubuntu PPC, no Flash
interpreter).  Dunno, maybe you're getting clobbered by Flash processing?
(I haven't bothered to cross-check or look at page source, so that's
strictly a SWAG.)