[linux-elitists] wtf is "public domain"?

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox.com
Thu Nov 8 15:13:43 PST 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 11:47:12AM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
> To get back to *MY* problem, the place I work develops a type of
> CRM/website/Bulk-mail stuffs. And we are now using DJBs daemontools to
> manage the starting and stopping of them.

daemontools is actually one of the better things DJB has written.
Best thing about it?  There's a superior implementation that isn't
DJB-ware:
  http://smarden.org/runit/

-- Nathaniel

--
Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.