[linux-elitists] wtf is "public domain"?

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Thu Nov 8 11:32:19 PST 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 11:47:12AM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 13:32 -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 11:51:21AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> > > There was also some 2005 kerfuffle about Dan allegedly... dodging
> > > concerning a problem with integer handling on 64-bit platforms -- fixed
> > > in netqmail.  http://cr.yp.to/qmail/guarantee.html addresses that claim
> > > from Dan's perspective.
> >
> > I love the quote
> > In May 2005, Georgi Guninski claimed that some potential 64-bit portability
> > problems allowed a ``remote exploit in qmail-smtpd.'' This claim is denied.
> > Nobody gives gigabytes of memory to each qmail-smtpd process, so there is no
> > problem with qmail's assumption that allocated array lengths fit comfortably
> > into 32 bits.
>
> I've been *THROWN* into dealing with systems setup by someone that
> ABSOLUTELY LOVES DJB's software.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4307542752780988181&q=Spring+Awakening+Totally+Fucked&total=20&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

That somes it up...

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium