[linux-elitists] Silence! Re: google phones

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Wed Nov 7 16:03:21 PST 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 03:17:04AM -0500, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 03:52:30PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 12:41:10AM -0500, Ruben Safir (ruben@mrbrklyn.com) wrote:
> > > By Leslie Cauley, USA TODAY
> > >     Breaking news E-mail alerts
> > > NEW YORK  Google (GOOG) today plans to announce the formation of an
> > > "open phone" coalition, with the goal of developing an operating
> > > system for the so-called Google Phone.
> >
> > In a not-very-linux-or-elitist followup: a friend found themselves, once
> > again, woken up last night at 1:30 and again at 4:30 am by an
> > unidentified caller dialing an iPhone.  This has happened a few times.
> >
> > Let me clarify:  pretty damned near every night.  For a month.

OK - try this

in order

http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources/landers0.wav
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources/landers1.wav
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources/landers2.wav
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources/landers3.wav

This is a story with a happy ending.  I will also say that mutliple
calls had been made since her cellphone didn't seem to work that well,
but that's life.

Ruben