[linux-elitists] why doesn't from mes sup mutt

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sun Nov 4 01:32:08 PDT 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 06:39:05PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Ruben Safir">
>
> > why doesn't
> >
> > From ruben@uhaul.org
> >
> > mess up mutt?
> >
> > Ruben
>
> "I write code with very a very minimal number of security issues." - Ruben
> Safir

Thanks Jeff.  Since the standard for mboxes is not etched in stone the question remained.
And I'm actually trying to break some code at the moment and see if I can make someone elses
software trip.

How about this, if you like the question better, how does mutt recoknise seperate messages.
Evidently, from looking at the code, it needs a

>From name@something.com Date:Time

The wiki I'm looking at seems a lot less secure than mutt.

Ruben