[linux-elitists] Civil Rights in the Digital Age

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Thu Nov 1 07:42:14 PDT 2007

I've been trying to compile a list of possible orginations and companies
involved with Free SOftware and Multi-media

So far I have roughly

Players and Streaming Orgs

http://www.cedelia.com/streamplug/eng/index.html
http://www.videolan.org/
http://www.real.com/
http://www.rhapsody.com/home.html
http://xinehq.de/
http://code.google.com/p/gogglesmm/

Free Video Codecs:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow
http://jffmpeg.sourceforge.net/download.html
http://www.mpeg.org/

Rippers and Recorders:
http://www.fuzzymonkey.net/software/gtranscode/
http://drip.sourceforge.net/
http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/features.cipp
http://handbrake.m0k.org/
http://untrepid.com/acidrip/

Video Recorders and Editors:
http://www.robfisher.net/video/
http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3
http://heroinewarrior.com/mix2000.php3
http://cvs.cinelerra.org/about.php
http://www.kinodv.org/
http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3
http://heroinewarrior.com/mix2000.php3
http://cvs.cinelerra.org/about.php
http://www.kinodv.org/
http://www.kdenlive.org/
http://www.cinepaint.org/

Multimedia Devices:
http://tvease.net/wiki/index.php?title=TVease_WiKi_Home

I'd like to find people involved in codec development to make presentations
on the issues facing Free Software Video distribution, archiving, streaming
and storing.  Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Also, does anyone have contacts with Hollywood studios that have used
Free Software for movie production who might be willing to make a presentation
on this topic?

Ruben

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium