[linux-elitists] FreedomHEC status

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Mar 19 12:02:17 PDT 2007

  (Just sent this out to the people who are signed up
   for or otherwise involved in FreedomHEC.  If you're
   interested and not yet on the list, please get on
   the Wiki and put yourself in.  Please forward or
   post to relevant fora.  P.S.  Yay sponsors!)

Good news on the sponsorship front.  We now have
IDG's LinuxWorld.com and Google as Platinum Sponsors.
Sponsor donations are covering the cost of the venue
and a travel and lodging fund for some participants.
Thanks to our sponsors for keeping this a 100% free
of charge* event for pre-registered participants.

Also, thanks to everyone who has passed along the
FreedomHEC announcement to your suppliers and partners
in the hardware industry.  We all appreciate this a
lot because it lets everyone know how important good,
in-tree Linux drivers are to today's IT market.  If
you still know of people who would be good to have at
FreedomHEC who you have not yet sent the announcement
to, there's a copy at:  http://freedomhec.org/

Two requests for participants.
(The wiki password is: freedom)

1. Everyone, please visit the Who's Who page:
  http://freedomhec.pbwiki.com/Who%27s%20Who

and check your info.  I appreciate an email address
so that you can get status updates like this one.
It would also be helpful to put in your planned
arrival and departure dates and times so that other
participants who want to meet you will know when to
try to do that.

2. If you are interested in giving a talk or
leading a Q&A session, please check out the two
"proposed talks" tables on the Wiki main page:
  http://freedomhec.pbwiki.com/

Please go ahead and put your talk in for your favorite
date and time, and fill in "other possible times"
if applicable.  If we have to move you, we'll go
ahead and do that.

If you already have a talk listed under "Proposed
talks" please pick a date and time and move it to the
appropriate table.  If you're doing a new version of
a talk from last year, you can find them at:
  http://freedomhec.pbwiki.com/AllPages

You do not have to make a wiki page for your talk,
but feel free to make one and link it in.  If you
have a blog or other web site, please link to your
talk from your blog.

Thank you all for your support of FreedomHEC and
please let me know if you have any questions.

* If you will be participating in the hands-on driver
tutorial, please read
  http://freedomhec.pbwiki.com/Write-a-real-working-Linux-driver
and bring money for the USB thermometer if you want one.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/