[linux-elitists] ultra 20 m2

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 12 15:09:54 PDT 2007

Quoting Greg KH (greg@kroah.com):

> Well, you might be supprised the easy access some of us have to pro-bono
> lawyers eager to do this kind of work....

True, and:

> The majority of the time, we just want the infringment to stop, but for
> the infringer to do that would be to cut off a major revenue stream, so
> they do not do that on their own.

Which is why the threat of a creditable _ability_ to sue is useful, and
why immediately filing that paperwork and $35 cheque with LoC becomes
very wise when you want a cudgel handy.

However, I notice that Harald Welte and friends -- and your
illustrious self -- only ever have to _actually file_ against real dimwits
(***COUGH*** D-Link, Siemens, Fujitsu-Siemens, Asus, Belkin ***COUGH***).