[linux-elitists] Dedicated hosting

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Jul 12 12:20:58 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 00:47 -0400, James Morris wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good dedicated hosting provider?
>
> Need to be able to install Fedora or RHEL-esque, and hopefully have remote
> console over IP and remote reboot.  The idea is to host a couple of
> development projects with git/trac/ftp/http/ssh accounts for users.  The
> projects will exist in separate kvm instances.
>

> One mob I've been looking at is cari.net.  Any experiences with them?

I have had first hand experience with slicehost.com

They are very good at giving you properly sold and sized VPS machines.
Where you get root on your server.

Plan		RAM	Disk	Band	Monthly
256slice	256MB	10GB	100GB	$20
512slice	512MB	20GB	200GB	$38
1024slice	1024MB	40GB	400GB	$70
2048slice	2048MB	80GB	800GB	$140

Seem very reasonable to me. http://www.slicehost.com/

I also have been using http://www.waveform.net/colo/index.php

They have pretty damn good through put. Multiple big connections. I have
a machine there and have been getting close to maximum throughput on a
100M/Bit/sec link. Recently I was syncing at over 10,000 KBytes/sec from
a mirror server. They've got things pretty well done.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C  2003-08-05