[linux-elitists] ultra 20 m2

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu Jul 12 09:07:12 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 10:51:05AM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> In practice my deviation from the pure church is tainting the
> kernel with binary nVidia drivers, and running a G4 notebook with
> OS X on it. I'm unapologetic for either.

Please note that both of those acts are very different and any attempt
to present them as equal is both dishonest and foolish.

The OS X issue does not violate any laws or licenses becides any
restrictions you wish to place apon yourself.

The closed source kernel driver issue is known to violate the license
of the rest of the Linux kernel, going against the law and wishes of the
people and companies you rely apon to give you that product in the first
place.

I have no problem if you wish to run closed source software as long as
you abide by the licensing issues.  However, if you flaunt your
disrespect of the license of the software you are using, prepare to make
people pissed off at you.

bleah,

greg k-h