[linux-elitists] ultra 20 m2

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Thu Jul 12 05:27:27 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 09:35:01PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

> Especially people who knowingly enter "I will not help the community"
> agreements, and then come to that community's elitists for help.

Let me think... nope, I didn't. Never signed any such thing.

> It's a practical matter of survival to shun those who knowingly use
> proprietary software. They've chosen direct gain from efforts to

Have fun shunning yourself, then. You've used proprietary software
thousands of times today. By writing this email you've knowingly used
proprietary software (I've just saw a local gateway with juniper
as part of the name).

> divide the community of free software users; it's blatant rudeness to
> subsequently come and ask that community for assistance.

I see. "You've used proprietary software at some point in the past,
hence you're untouchable to us henceforth, forever". If that's what
you're saying you're not merely religious, you're a fanatic.

And I don't mean that in a good (software jihadi) way.