[linux-elitists] ultra 20 m2

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 12 02:07:14 PDT 2007

Quoting Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org):

> I presume nobody here runs an Ultra 20 M2 with a Linux, preferrably
> Ubuntu?

Not yet -- but I do test quite a bit of new hardware's Linux
compatibility, from time to time.  Some other Sun models in their M2
revisions have switched (relative to the pre-M2 models) to wacky one-off
motherboard designs built around rather problematic Nvidia Nforce4
southbridge chipsets (my opinion, yours for a small fee).  I'm pretty
sure this will follow suit.  Watch out for possible bad craziness like
MAC addresses that move around from one ethernet port to another, and
worse things.