[linux-elitists] ultra 20 m2

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed Jul 11 23:58:28 PDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:41:24PM -0400, Modus Operandi wrote:

>   Real Linux Elitists don't run dual-boot systems. If they have to run

It's good that I'm not religious that way. I run whatever I find
useful, whenever I find useful. Which is mostly Ubuntu, these
days. I might look into OpenSolaris, especially since it's being
debianized.

>   Windows XP Professional for some reason, they use KVM -- the Kernel

Thanks for the tip.
I've used VMWare, but I don't like the feel of an emulator.
Is emulation in KVM subjectively peppier than VMWare?

>   Virtual Machine, not a Keyboard/Video/Mouse switch -- to run Windows
>   in a virtualized environment. If you're using a Debian derivative like
>   Ubuntu, you'll need the kvm and qemu packages. It won't work with the
>   Dapper Drake (6.06 LTS) but it should work with 7.04, the Feisty Fawn:

I think I'll leave this system as is, it's rather painful to get
all the details just right.

Thanks for the answers to questions I didn't ask. I'd really rather
like pointers to affordable, silent and reasonably performant hardware.

I presume nobody here runs an Ultra 20 M2 with a Linux, preferrably
Ubuntu?