[linux-elitists] Microsoft is now quoting numbers of infringements.

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Mon Jul 9 01:36:39 PDT 2007

Timothy Tuck quoting CNN:
> But he does break down the total number allegedly violated - 235 -
> into categories. He says that the Linux kernel - the deepest layer of
> the free operating system, which interacts most directly with the
> computer hardware - violates 42 Microsoft patents. The Linux graphical
> user interfaces - essentially, the way design elements like menus and
> toolbars are set up - run afoul of another 65, he claims. The Open
> Office suite of programs, which is analogous to Microsoft Office,
> infringes 45 more. E-mail programs infringe 15, while other assorted
> FOSS programs allegedly transgress 68.

Somewhere around here I have a list of 205 known Communists in the State
department.  Maybe they'd like a copy.

--
On my tv show, when I say "and where do we put policy?"      Nick Moffitt
the audience will yell "USERSPACE!"  -- Sean Q. Neakums     nick@zork.net