[linux-elitists] So, now that some of the dust has settled...

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Fri Jul 6 07:22:19 PDT 2007

How has the "device drivers written for 'free' offer" been doing?

I am asking only because we really haven't seen much news about it, nor
have we been inundated with the progress. I am anxious to see how things
are going, but the usual locations for info are not as forth coming or
updated enough.

Of course I haven't really looked at Greg's (K-H that is) blog site
other than for the neat kernel history stuffs, I've noticed a distinct
lack of info about the drivers project(s).

On another note though, it appears Microsoft is in complete denial that
the vouchers they distributed are all about.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/misc/07-05statement.mspx

There are also much discussion at the drinking fountain(s) about what
the GPLv3 actually means for us as a bunch of hobbyist developers.
Obviously we can't even make something work right without using SCOg's
(Caldera, New SCO, Yarro's lackeys, etc...) Precious IP... and now 235
(that number pulled from /dev/ass it appears) Patents Microsoft "owns."

I am just stirring the pot a bit, to see if it is soup yet, you see the
rock at the bottom sure is magical.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C  2003-08-05