[linux-elitists] Vista Launch

ded my.accountnow@ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 25 09:23:42 PST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 11:35:37AM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
> I have coerced a LUG to do an Install fest on Feb 6th at an ITT-Tech
> location, for various flavor (flavours for the other English speakers)
> of Linux Distros.
>
> For the machines that cannot run Vista *IN ALL ITS GLORY* due to being
> OLD. So far, it seems about 50+ are draggin' their machines in.
>
> Manily x86, a couple of AMD64_X86 (or WTFever it is) but no "other"
> arches, yet.
>
> Requests are for Slackware, Debian (Etch and Sid), Ubuntu (Edgy,
> Feisty), Gentoo 2006.1, Arch, Fedora Core 6, CentOS 4, Sabayon Linux 3.1
> mini and DVD (a Gentoo derivative)
>
> So far, I believe we shall be bleeding the Internet pipe at ITT dry, for
> a bit... :-)

The little town that I live in doesn't have a lug, so I offer my
services to any individual of business that wants to try Linux.
I offer Debian, Arch, Fedora Core, CentOS and Slackware (can't stand
Ubuntu so don't make it available).

I've been doing this since two and a half years ago. So far I've one of
the two computer stores in town running linux (Fedora Core) and offering
various linux free cd's that I provide free of charge. I average about
an install a week on peoples home pc's...no luck with the local businesses
so far though, they're all to locked into windows and canned software.

It's pretty cool that you have a LUG there that does install fests
Greg, best of luck to you :)

Kind Regards,
Dan