[linux-elitists] Vista Launch

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Jan 25 08:35:37 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 07:03 -0800, Ilan Rabinovitch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With the impending Vista launch, I was wondering if anyone is planning
> any concurrent marketing efforts for Linux and other open source
> platforms.  I believe the current launch date for consumers is January
> 30th.
>
> At the very least it seems like a good opportunity to  hit up the
> crowds at the "launch events" with free  Ubuntu CDs.
>
> Does anyone have anything planned at this point?

I have coerced a LUG to do an Install fest on Feb 6th at an ITT-Tech
location, for various flavor (flavours for the other English speakers)
of Linux Distros.

For the machines that cannot run Vista *IN ALL ITS GLORY* due to being
OLD. So far, it seems about 50+ are draggin' their machines in.

Manily x86, a couple of AMD64_X86 (or WTFever it is) but no "other"
arches, yet.

Requests are for Slackware, Debian (Etch and Sid), Ubuntu (Edgy,
Feisty), Gentoo 2006.1, Arch, Fedora Core 6, CentOS 4, Sabayon Linux 3.1
mini and DVD (a Gentoo derivative)

So far, I believe we shall be bleeding the Internet pipe at ITT dry, for
a bit... :-)

At least I hope the attendees number 50+.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux