[linux-elitists] Editor Emeritus... wishing it was still Editor in Chief

Jon Masters jonathan@jonmasters.org
Fri Jan 5 00:23:22 PST 2007

Greg Folkert wrote:

> I sorely miss the just previous Linux Journal Editor in Chief.

I gave up reading LJ the moment Don left, haven't read it since. I used
to have to trail around London (back when I lived in the UK) to find a
particular little store that stocked it, but it was worth hunting around
a bit to get LJ due to the clueful content.

Personally, I write for two Linux magazines (Linux User and Developer
and Linux Magazine) but these are targeted at a different audience than
LJ and, traditionally, have not tried to compete directly with it. They
also do better in mass sales, due to to the distro cover disks. Looks
like the market has finally lost the high brow journal de jour.

Alas, everything becomes crap eventually.

Jon.