[linux-elitists] Firefox Profiles are a Good Idea

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Wed Dec 5 09:45:45 PST 2007

> I've tended to notice that there seem to be two camps within the Linux
> community.
>
> Camp #1  "I know what is best for you, so since I don't want to do it
> you aren't allowed to do it."
>
> Camp #2 "I don't care what features it has, as long as I'm not forced
> to use the ones I don't like."
>
> I'll personally stick with camp #2 .... acknowledge that Nokia is in
> camp #1 (long story) and move on.
>
> But really does it hurt you that someone else uses a product
> differently than you?

Hello James

I don't know what your message has to do with what I wrote.

As for the last line, the answer is I don't know, but likely
it does sometimes, and it depends on the product.  If it is a
product like MS Windows which PAYS LOT OF MONEY to companies and
the NYC government to exclude use of competing systems, then
the answer is obviously yes.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss this.

Ruben