[linux-elitists] How is it possible to have a dual licensed Linux Distro.

James Sparenberg james@linuxrebel.org
Fri Aug 31 15:58:53 PDT 2007

All,

  I came across this today on Linux Devices.  Being less that savvy on the
license side, I'm curious how someone thinks this can be done, as it looks
like they are re-licensing GPL'd software.

  The first line in this article
-- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3953873333.html is "A company
maintaining a dual-licensed Linux distribution for x86-based routers ....."
and frankly to my puny mind seems like a big no no.  However I could be
wrong.

James

READ CAREFULLY. By [accepting this material|accepting this payment|accepting
this business-card|viewing this t-shirt|reading this sticker] you agree, on
behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers
arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses,
terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality,
non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”)
that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents
and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.