[linux-elitists] World Book and Copyright Day!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Apr 23 14:14:51 PDT 2007

begin Modus Operandi quotation of Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 03:18:29PM -0400:

> Happy World Book and Copyright Day!
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Book_and_Copyright_Day
>
> I know you're all about promoting "the protection of
> intellectual property through copyright."

"promoting copyright" is shorter and more
NPOV-licious.  Edit done.

(Yes, I want a tool that watches Wikipedia for
intellectualproprietarian non-NPOV bullshit such as
"copyright protection technology" and "protected
content" outside direct quotations, then generates an
RSS feed to summon a legion of freedom-loving editors
armed with GNU Stylebooks:
  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html
That's what I want.  Anyone want to give a demo
of Wikipedia API usage?)

Longer piece on why language tweaking matters:
  http://www.linuxworld.com/community/?q=node/428

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/