[linux-elitists] Re: Resume document formats

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Fri Apr 20 08:06:55 PDT 2007

Joachim Bauernberger:
> On 4/20/07, Teh Entar-Nick <nick@teh.entar.net> wrote:
> >Joachim Bauernberger:
[...]
> >I did not mean 'conservative' in the narrow US political sense, but
> >in a more general sense.  I refer to people who are set in their ways
> >and feel proud to be part of the mainstream.
>
> If it makes them happy why not be mainstream?

Sure, great!  I have no problem with that.  Never said I did.

I'm set in my ways and proud to be a linux-elitist.  Remember: this list
was started with the charter that complaining that someone is being a
Linux Elitist is *off-topic*, and many of the messages in this thread
have already violated this in one way or another.

> Driving these thought further: Would you want to live in a world that
> outlaws/forbids closed source? Who would make the laws in such a
> world? And who would control the people in charge?

No, but I'd love to be in a world where proprietary software doesn't
have the force of the weapons of state behind its special privilege in
law.

--
"virii" would be the plural of the mythical masculine          Nick Moffitt
noun "virius". The neuter plural of "virus" would be     nick@teh.entar.net