[linux-elitists] Re: Resume document formats

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Fri Apr 20 07:16:51 PDT 2007

Bob Bernstein:
> And *that* sort of puffery is what you get from someone who's never
> had to be responsible for paying their way, or anyone else's, by the
> sweat of their brow.

I believe you misunderstand.

Taking on such personal ethical restrictions is an acceptance of *more*
work on one's part.  Being a vegetarian in the US takes effort, living
without learning to drive in the US takes effort, and so on.  When
someone tells you you're *wasting* your effort, that's useless puffery.
When you criticize them for being prideful tongue-waggers, that's not
whiny teenage rebellion.

I do not begrudge you your compromises, Bob.  Just stop acting like
anyone who *refuses* to compromize is *lazy*, because nothing could be
further from the truth.

--
"As I soared high into the tag cloud Xeni Jardin                Nick Moffitt
carefully put up for me, I couldn't help but wonder how   nick@teh.entar.net