[linux-elitists] Re: Resume document formats

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Fri Apr 20 06:23:22 PDT 2007

Aaron Sherman:
> Resume-grinding is one thing, but keep in mind that there are some
> firms where the ability to play nice with the non-technical folks is a
> first and intentional hurdle, meant to weed out those who feel the
> technological "purity" of their choices is more important than simply
> doing what gets the job done.

Otherwise known as "Windows Elitism".  You get this kind of puffery no
matter what ethical standards you hold: vegetarians get it from blustery
meat-eaters, people who choose not to drive get it from obese
petrolheads, and everybody on Earth gets it from Republicans.

"Oh, why must all you nerds out there be so *difficult* and keep trying
to come up with *new* and *different* things?  Why can't you just sit
back and *innovate* like we do?"

--
"As I soared high into the tag cloud Xeni Jardin                Nick Moffitt
carefully put up for me, I couldn't help but wonder how   nick@teh.entar.net