Resume document formats (was: [linux-elitists] How do you...)

critch le@drunkenlogic.com
Wed Apr 18 22:17:16 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 20:14 -0400, Brandon Edens wrote:
> brandon@gizmo ~ $ mv yoyo.txt yoyo.doc
> brandon@gizmo ~ $ antiword yoyo.doc
> yoyo.doc is not a Word Document.
> brandon@gizmo ~ 1$ unix2dos yoyo.doc
> unix2dos: converting file yoyo.doc to DOS format ...
> brandon@gizmo ~ $ antiword yoyo.doc
> yoyo.doc is not a Word Document.
> brandon@gizmo ~ 1$ echo ":("
> :(
>
> Just wondered if they might've used antiword as part of their parser.

Let us hope not. If someone required a Word Doc, they are probably a
windows shop, so unlikely to use antiword when word is already
accessible.

Second, antiword is still hopelessly broken when documents undergo
different revisions. A client of our clients thought it would be good to
use antiword to convert the word docs they had delivered to them for
incorporation into their system. They occasionally get a document that
is at least 1 revision older than the file we sent them. Causes great
screaming and yelling until we remind them why they see the problem
again.
--
critch <le@drunkenlogic.com>