[linux-elitists] Linux Land Warrior and Freedoms 1 and 2

Brandon Edens brandon@cs.uri.edu
Wed Apr 18 17:42:50 PDT 2007

Against my better judgement I loaded up slashdot into RSS reader and saw this
story[1] about how US solidiers hate the new high tech gear. I was reading one
of the linked popular mechanics articles[2] when I saw this image...

http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/warrior-screen-1L-0507.jpg

It's probably being forced to look at that cute penguin that makes them hate it
so much. Guess someone should tell them that they can change that. They probably
missed that bit about freedom 1 when they were carefully studying the GPL:
The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your needs (freedom
1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

Do you think they've made modifications to the GPLed software they used? Did
they make these modifications available?

Brandon

[1] http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/18/1921217
[2] http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/4215725.html
--