[linux-elitists] How do you...

Paul Collins paul@briny.ondioline.org
Wed Apr 18 14:02:34 PDT 2007

Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> writes:

> I have a theory, though, that the recruiters use parsing software that
> ingests MS-Word-format (only) resumes, matches keywords, and creates a
> database record in some vertical app.

One recruiter in Australia seems to have a particularly inflexible
instance of such software.  Their ads specify the layout of the first
page of the Word document very precisely, spinning it as a test of
one's attention to detail.  I employed mine and declined to apply.

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood