[linux-elitists] How do you...

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 18 12:46:08 PDT 2007

Quoting Greg Folkert (greg@gregfolkert.net):

> A question to which only this list can answer.

As posed, your question dictates an answer of "Use MS-Word" (or get
someone else to use the thing for you).

> I ask them why they need it in Word Format? They tell me, that is what
> they need it in, period, no other reasons are given.

Seeking relevant information from corporate drones often ends that way.
I have a theory, though, that the recruiters use parsing software that
ingests MS-Word-format (only) resumes, matches keywords, and creates a
database record in some vertical app.

The people you ask "Why do you require MS-Word?" have no knowledge of
this.  They just push buttons and make telephone calls.