[linux-elitists] How do you...

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Wed Apr 18 08:32:22 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 16:18 +0100, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> Tom Clark:
> > Technically, this doesn't answer your question, but what the heck:  I
> > don't apply for those jobs.  Any employer that requires resumes in
> > Word format without any good reason must be a bad one to work for.
> > This is linux-elitists, after all.
>
> It really doesn't answer his question, given that he's talking about
> *recruiters*, rather than *employers*.

No, I am talking about employers and recruiters, contractor aggregating
(re-sub places), mass consulting places. More than 90% of the job
listings in various place *REQUIRE* MS Word format.

And Tom, you are in a VERY VERY tiny minority at the moment.

And yes it is Linux Elitists, exactly why I asked the question here.

Yes, no god reason isn't good, but since it is what they use, that is a
good enough reason for them. As I said, for those that "know no better"

Kind of like: If all your life you have eaten cow-pies and only
cow-pies, how do you know they taste terrible, you have no frame of
reference.

This is what has happened to the IT Industry in the US. Now Microsoft
wants unlimited H1B Visas? Only took 6 hours to meet the 65,000 quota
this year (looks like M$ got most of the "special H1B" visas above and
beyond the 65K as well). Last year was ~two months. Year before that ~6
months, etc...
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

To practice properly the Art of Peace, you must: Calm the spirit and
return to the source, cleanse the body and spirit by removing all
malice, selfishness and desire. Be ever grateful for the gifts received
from the Universe, your family, Mother Nature, and your fellow human
beings.

Morihei Ueshiba
founder of Aikido

Recommended book - Invincible Warrior, by John Stevens