[linux-elitists] Re: My Anti-Apple Page

Shlomi Fish shlomif@iglu.org.il
Tue Apr 17 23:34:39 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 18 April 2007, Aaron Burt wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 10:47:03AM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I remember we had a lot of fun discussing my anti-qmail page. Now you
> > might want to discuss this:
>
> <snip>
>
> I give most folks the benefit of the doubt, so last time you did
> something like this, I very carefully did not point out that you
> appeared to be whoring your blog by trolling this list with blind items.

1. http://www.shlomifish.org/ is not a "blog" of mine - it's my home site. My
blogs are:

http://www.shlomifish.org/me/blogs/

2. You didn't explain what was wrong with what I have been doing. ("Style over
content" fallacy). So I've been doing it - so what?

> I wish you wouldn't do that.  It's impolite, and it makes Tux sad.

What is impolite? In any case, I can post more on-topic things here. Of
course, I'd like to know what is on-topic. I find the standard announcements
for stupid Ubuntu events, to be a very low-signal, low-interest posts, but I
don't reply to it because it is on topic and may be interesting to some
people.

And for the record, I believe a page against Apple and Mac OS X is on-topic
here. Some people believe OS X is superior to Linux, and if we point them
that Apple and Mac OS X are as bad as MS if not worse, we can win a lot of
market share.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif@iglu.org.il