[linux-elitists] Gutsy Gibbon to include strictly-free branch

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sun Apr 15 20:37:34 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 12:53 -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 10:58:34AM -0500, Michael Bacarella wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 11:09:01AM -0400, Modus Operandi wrote:
> > > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2007-April/000276.html
> > >
> > > "Ubuntu 7.10 will feature a new flavour - as yet unnamed - which
> > > takes an ultra-orthodox view of licensing: no firmware, drivers,
> > > imagery, sounds, applications, or other content which do not
> > > include full source materials and come with full rights of
> > > modification, remixing and redistribution. There should be no
> > > more conservative home, for those who demand a super-strict
> > > interpretation of the 'free' in free software. This work will
> > > be done in collaboration with the folks behind Gnewsense."
> >
> > Because running a mostly-free software Operating System just
> > isn't exclusive/righteous enough.
>
> Not to mention elitist.

I only use the most tender, choicest ones and zeros for my Operating
System. To that end, I use only the best 100% recycled Electrons (or
Holes, depending on your view of the world) in my computers.

I can easily say, the electrons are very well aged, being older than
anyone currently living.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is