[linux-elitists] You meanies

Phil Mayers p.mayers@imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 9 06:08:59 PDT 2007

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 04:21:55AM -0300, Carlos Laviola wrote:

>Congratulations fucktards, way to destroy a beautiful thing. I hope
>you feel bad about this every time you http://www.OpenSSH.org
>somewhere from now on.

The linux bcm43xx developers placed their code under GPL.

The BSD developer, in what I suspect was probably an error of judgement
rather than intentional theft, lifted it and placed it under the OpenBSD
license - violating the original GPL license.

Unrelatedly, many linux systems employ the excellent OpenSSH, using and
distributing it correctly under the license its developers chose.

So: they == violate licenses, we == not.

And we should feel bad when we use OpenSSH?

Ok, got you.

Remind me again what compiler OpenBSD uses?