[linux-elitists] You meanies

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sun Apr 8 10:07:08 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 04:21 -0300, Carlos Laviola wrote:
> On 4/7/07, Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> > Not your usual corporate flunky misappropriating GPLd code into
> > proprietary software at EvilCo[tm].  OpenBSD taking a Broadcom
> > (EvilCo[tm] incarnate, this week) driver from Linux.  Linux dev calling
> > them on it.
> >
> > Oh, and the obsd driver doesn't actually work yet.  So clearly the
> > poison _can't_ be in the goblet in front of you.  Wait, no, wrong movie.
> >
> > The Inquirer is so shaken by events they forget to apply their special
> > "sauce".
> >
> > Hilarity ensues.
> >
> > Soon to be a major motion picture.
>
> Congratulations fucktards, way to destroy a beautiful thing. I hope
> you feel bad about this every time you http://www.OpenSSH.org
> somewhere from now on.

So, I guess... GPL code can be put into a BSD project without any
problems now?

Well if that is that case... why not just fork the whole of any GPLv2
project and make it one of the BSD licenses.

Wow, I now have PeRfEct Profit PLAN!

     1. Fork (hmmm another term might work well here) all of project
        with gnuGPL* licenses to be some BSD licenses or even better
        ones.
     2. Fork BSD projects and take them private...
     3. Sell *OS* and make it wildly popular
     4. Profit!

I never realized how wonderful Forking could be. And it fills in the
usual step 3 "..." with something anyone can do.

"D3wD, you're getting a screw-job!"
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup