[linux-elitists] Debian Etch released

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sun Apr 8 09:42:24 PDT 2007

Finally, after much ado:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/debian-announce-2007/msg00002.html

Tra-La.

First little bit:

The Debian Project                                http://www.debian.org/
Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 released                           press@debian.org
April 8th, 2007                 http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070408

Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 released

The Debian Project is pleased to announce the official release of Debian
GNU/Linux version 4.0, codenamed "etch", after 21 months of constant
development.  Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system which supports
a total of eleven processor architectures and includes the KDE, GNOME
and Xfce desktop environments.  It also features cryptographic software
and compatibility with the FHS v2.3 and software developed for version
3.1 of the LSB.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

A human being is part of the whole, called by us "universe," limited in
time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as
something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his
consciousness. This delusion is a prison, restricting us to our personal
desires and to affection for a few persons close to us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from our prison by widening our
circle of compassion to embrace all humanity and the whole of nature in
its beauty.

Albert Einstein