[linux-elitists] New Essay: The Linus Torvalds Bus Factor

Michael Dominok ml.linux-elitists@dominok.net
Thu Apr 5 10:31:54 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 13:17 -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 10:02 -0700, Aaron Burt wrote:
> > Every project has its central figures.  What if Ballmer got hit by a bus?
> > Would the bus be drivable?  Would any passengers get hurt?
>
> Can we ... umm set this up to happen? I'd even be willing to sacrifice a
> bus-load or more of lawyers and two or more buses.

I object! Would be a real shame to do this to an innocent bus...
Would be a good use for a scraped tank or submarine, though. 8-)

>  Hmmm, maybe a similar
> plan of action for Darl McBride and crew?

Oh no! Not funny Darl. He did so much for OSS by acting like a total
idiot with his "suitcase of evidence" etc..
And I guess M$ couldn't have spent (part of) its antiOSS-budget less
effectively.

Cheers

Michael