[linux-elitists] New Essay: The Linus Torvalds Bus Factor

Aaron Burt aaron@bavariati.org
Thu Apr 5 10:02:54 PDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 02:44:31PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> It was deemed off-topic and flamatory on LKML after I posted it, but I think
> that's what linux-elitists is all about, so feel free to read and comment:
>
> http://shlomif.livejournal.com/41088.html

Feh.  We did this gendankenexperiment 7 years ago:
http://www.crummy.com/writing/segfault.org/Bus.html

Every project has its central figures.  What if Ballmer got hit by a bus?
Would the bus be drivable?  Would any passengers get hurt?

> You can either comment on my blog or here. (Just make sure not to CC anyone
> else or the E-mail software will reject it.) I'll try to read all the
> comments.

[Elided: mean comment about blog promotion]

> Even if you disagree with it, it is my not-so-humble opinion that you will
> find it amusing.

Not really.  I read, "Linus is doing an amazingly good job as Boss of
Linux, even to the point of making sure others can take over if
necessary.  So he should quit."

Jealous of the folks who get to have charoses,
  Aaron