[linux-elitists] Re: New Essay: The Linus Torvalds Bus Factor

James Morris jmorris@namei.org
Thu Apr 5 07:41:34 PDT 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> If it's not going to be discussed on LKML, I think it should still be
> discussed elsewhere. Not in private (which always ends up being ineffective
> and stupid) - in public. Censoring out the thread may have been an
> appropriate action, but I believe such a discussion would have been of value.
> The Haskell community has a "haskell" mailing list, and a "haskell-cafe"
> mailing list. Perhaps an LKML-cafe mailing list would be a good idea.

How about an lkml-poetry list?

  to the whore who took my poems

  some say we should keep personal remorse from the
  poem,
  stay abstract, and there is some reason in this,
  but jezus;
  twelve poems gone and I don't keep carbons and you have
  my
  paintings too, my best ones; its stifling:
  are you trying to crush me out like the rest of them?
  why didn't you take my money? they usually do
  from the sleeping drunken pants sick in the corner.
  next time take my left arm or a fifty
  but not my poems:
  I'm not Shakespeare
  but sometime simply
  there won't be any more, abstract or otherwise;
  here'll always be mony and whores and drunkards
  down to the last bomb,
  but as God said,
  crossing his legs,
  I see where I have made plenty of poets